Associate Product Manager, Finishing Abrasives
Regular, full time
The role of the Associate Product Manager is to drive the development of existing and new products with the assistance and guidance from the Product Manager. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing market research, evaluating and testing samples provided by manufacturing, definition of product release specifications, assist in the development of marketing strategies and working with the sales force to provide the product support and training seminars in relation with the strategic orientation of the company.
With guidance and support from the Product Manager, the Associate will:
- Formulate ideas to improve existing products or define new products based on feedback from customers, sales force, and other stakeholders.
- Communicate market research, ideas and concepts to manufacturing and work in collaboration with them to produce samples for testing.
- Test samples and evaluate performance vs existing Walter products and competitive products
- Collaborate with manufacturing to define and refine product requirements, improvements, and other specifications.
- Conduct market research and provide accurate competitive analyses for use in overall product strategies and sales market position.
- Once samples have been approved and market position defined, oversee the product launch process. This is done by defining and communicating the product release, tracking manufacturing schedules and other related deliverables.
- Collaborate with the marketing department and sales force to form marketing strategies for new product campaigns and brand awareness programs.
- Assist in the creation and deployment of product training seminars and presentations for the sales force and distributor channels.
- Be the technical resource and product specialist for all assigned products and projects.
- Verify quality of goods received from manufacturing
- Bachelor¿s degree in engineering or physics
- One to two years of experience
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications ¿ Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the industrial environment
- Strong problem identification and troubleshooting skills.
- Possess manual skills
- Self motivated
- Willing to learn new things and have an open mind
Product Manager, Surfox & Finishing Abrasives
Those interested in applying are invited to submit their applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicating the job posting number and job title in the body of your message.